Mahale Mountains is home to some of Africa’s last remaining wild chimpanzees: a population of roughly 800 (only 60 individuals forming what is known as “M group”), habituated to human visitors by a Japanese research project founded in the 1960s. Tracking the chimps of Mahale is a magical experience. The guide’s eyes pick out last night’s nests – shadowy clumps high in a gallery of trees crowding the sky. Scraps of half-eaten fruit and fresh dung become valuable clues, leading deeper into the forest. Butterflies flit in the dappled sunlight.
- Transport in 4X4 Toyota Land Cruisers with pop up roof for game viewing.
- Park entry fees
- Government fees & taxes
- 18% VAT on tour fees & services
- Full board accommodation whilst on safari in the above mentioned suite tented camps and lodges
- Ngorongoro Crater service fee
- Private English speaking safari guide
- All meals while on safari.
- Enough bottled mineral water throughout the safari
- Transfers to & from the International Airport and Moshi.
- 3 Men Tents for 2, chairs, tables and sleeping mats (camping safari)
- Alcoholic beverages, sodas and items of a personal nature
- Laundry Service
- Pre/Post Safari Accommodation in Moshi / Arusha
- Travel Insurance
- Other safari add-ons
- Optional Tours (balloon rides at Serengeti USD. 550 per person etc)
- Tips to the driver guide and cook. Tipping is per group (not per person)
- Driver guide: $20/day
- Cook: $10/day (for budget camping safari)