Mikumi National Park is abouts the northern border of Africa’s biggest game reserve – the Selous – and is transected by the surfaced road between Dar es Salaam and Iringa. It is thus the most accessible part of a 75,000 square kilometre (47,000 square mile) tract of wilderness that stretches east almost as far as the Indian Ocean.
Size: 3,230 sq km (1,250 sq miles), the fourth-largest park in Tanzania, and part of a much larger ecosystem centred on the uniquely vast Selous Game Reserve.
Location: 283 km (175 miles) west of Dar es Salaam, north of Selous, and en route to Ruaha, Udzungwa and (for the intrepid) Katavi.
Lions survey their grassy kingdom – and the zebra, wildebeest, impala and buffalo herds that migrate across it from the flattened tops of termite mounds, or sometimes, during the rains, from perches high in the trees. Giraffes forage in the isolated acacia stands that fringe the Mkata River, islets of shade favoured also by Mikumi’s elephants.
- Transport in 4X4 Toyota Land Cruisers with pop up roof for game viewing.
- Park entry fees
- Government fees & taxes
- 18% VAT on tour fees & services
- Full board accommodation whilst on safari in the above mentioned suite tented camps and lodges
- Ngorongoro Crater service fee
- Private English speaking safari guide
- All meals while on safari.
- Enough bottled mineral water throughout the safari
- Transfers to & from the International Airport and Moshi.
- 3 Men Tents for 2, chairs, tables and sleeping mats (camping safari)
- Alcoholic beverages, sodas and items of a personal nature
- Laundry Service
- Pre/Post Safari Accommodation in Moshi / Arusha
- Travel Insurance
- Other safari add-ons
- Optional Tours (balloon rides at Serengeti USD. 550 per person etc)
- Tips to the driver guide and cook. Tipping is per group (not per person)
- Driver guide: $20/day
- Cook: $10/day (for budget camping safari)